When you’re living with multiple sclerosis (MS), some of the most important relationships you have are with the healthcare professionals you’ve partnered with. Together, you make critical decisions about your health and your future. And having a brain-focused conversation is a key part. At your next visit, you may want to discuss some of the things you’ve learned about MS and the brain. Below are some questions you can ask.
About taking proactive steps:
- What healthy lifestyle choices can I make to help maintain the health of my brain?
- What can I do about other chronic conditions that may be influencing my MS?
- What healthy lifestyle choices can I make to help maintain my neurological reserve?
Other brain-focused topics:
- How are my lesions affecting my MS?
- How do lesions that occur in grey matter impact MS differently than lesions that occur in white matter?
- What type of lesion activity does my MRI show, and are my lesions changing over time?
- How often should I get an MRI?
- How do changes in the volume of my brain occur, and why?
- Can you review my MRI with me to help me better understand it?