When you’re living with multiple sclerosis (MS), some of the most important relationships you have are with the MS healthcare team you’ve partnered with. Together, you make critical decisions about your health and your future. Talking about a proactive approach to lifestyle choices as they relate to MS is a key part of those conversations. Below are some questions you can ask at your next visit.
About a proactive approach to your health:
- What healthy lifestyle choices can I make to help the way I live with MS?
- What can I do about other chronic conditions that may be influencing my MS?
- What healthy lifestyle choices can I make to help maintain my neurological reserve?
About MS and the central nervous system (CNS):
- Where are my lesions in the CNS?
- What type of lesion activity does my magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) show, and are my lesions changing over time?
- How often should I get an MRI?
- How do changes to the brain’s white matter differ from changes to the brain’s grey matter?
- Can you review my MRI with me to help me better understand it?